Car care tips to avoid car breakdown
- Rajashekhar H
- Expert +
- 25 Follows
CAR BREAK DOWN IS LIKELY TO HAPPEN WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT, BELOW TIPS WILL REDUCE YOUR CHANGES OF BEING STUCK BY THE SIDE OF THE ROAD.
#1: Car Tyres
- keep your spare wheel in Good condition.
- Tools are in good condition & always there in the car.
- Know which way to loosen wheel nuts (always remember left loose :-)
- Check the condition of the tyres (including the spare) for correct pressures.
#2: Check for car fluids
- Make it a habit to regularly pop your car’s bonnet & check windscreen washer fluid, brake fluid, power steering and engine oil, etc.
- Most of these are in clear-ish plastic bottles with bright lids with low and full levels clearly marked.
#3: Battery Matters
- Do not stress car batteries unnecessarily; remember to turn off all interior lights and exterior lights, if your car doesn’t have an auto-off lights function.
- If you regularly drive a short distance to work like me, or if your car is parked for long periods and you consider going for a long drive once in while. Make sure to keep a jumper leads with a spark arrestor handy, in case you need to jump-start the car.
#4: Headlights- See, and Be Seen
- check your headlights, indicators and tail-lights and don’t just rely on your car’s onboard computer to notify you when a bulb has blown.By keeping an eye on your lights, you’ll notice if the lens has cracked or discoloured and will be able to rectify it.
- Check the operation of all exterior lights to ensure they comply with any legal requirements, especially if you’re travelling to Europe.
#5: Keep your car serviced
- Regular servicing will mean potential problems are jumped on before they become major and cause you to break down.
- Follow Your Vehicle's Service Schedule:This may seem like a no-brainer, but will reduced the chances of car breakdown.
- I will soon write another blog which tells "Ways of knowing you have a good car mechanic".
#6: Some of the essentials that you can carry in car for long trips
THERE’S ALMOST NO way you can predict in advance when your car will break down or suffer a flat tyre, but follwing few simple tips can avoid car breakdown, or copping a flat tyre, in the first place.
- 31Rajath BhatLokesh Ramachandrappabalaji cargo Packers and movers in pune